Please mark your calendars and plan to join us on Thursday, September 12 in Seattle, Washington as we proudly honor the Coast Guard men and women who serve in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska at the Bell Harbor International Conference Center, 2211 Alaskan Way. The event begins with tours of Coast Guard assets and a cocktail reception, plus a silent auction at 4 p.m. At 6:15 p.m., there will be a search and rescue training demonstration, followed by dinner and awards program at 6:30 p.m.
Since our last Seattle tribute dinner two years ago, the Coast Guard Foundation has funded more than $80,000 of fitness gear; provided more than $50,000 to help enlisted Coast Guard men and women further their educations; and awarded $40,000 in scholarships to family members of enlisted personnel in the Pacific Northwest region.
Why it's important to support the U.S. Coast Guard in the Pacific Northwest & Alaska...
Every day, more than 6,000 Coast Guard men and women (active duty, reserve, civilian and auxiliary) in the region courageously serve, protect and defend our nation, its people and mariners operating in its waters, as well as its marine environment and its natural resources. This area encompasses more than 3 million miles of ocean and coastal areas in the Pacific Northwest, Alaska, the North Pacific and U.S. Arctic.
The Coast Guard men and women annually:
- Save more than 400 lives and help more than 7,000 individuals in distress
- Maintain more than 3,300 navigational instruments & aids
- Ensure sustainability & safety of a two-billion-dollar fishing industry
- Facilitate safe movement of more than a million gallons of oil
- Support safe operations of a robust seasonal cruise ship industry
- Ensure safe operations & security of all ships & ports throughout the region
For more information, contact: