The Coast Guard Foundation has an immediate need for a motivated, outgoing, experienced Event & Development Coordinator who will provide administrative support for fundraising events and other development related tasks.
The Coordinator will support the Foundation's efforts to build and strengthen its donor base, share in the strategic long-term vision for events, and help bring innovation and efficiency to the day to day operations of event production.
- Active participation in the execution and management of fundraising programs including the ability to multi-task, handling logistics and follow through on multiple events/programs at the same time
- Develop positive professional relationships with sponsors, vendors, donors and event participants to cultivate continued and increased support/involvement
- Develop and execute peer to peer fundraising strategy including recruitment, building of infrastructure and development of fundraisers support strategy
- Work well independently and as a member of a collaborate team and under extremely tight deadlines
- Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred or equivalent work experience(2 years minimum) in events and/or development
- Experience planning and executing large-scale events, preferably for a non-profit institution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge software a plus
- Flexible schedule with some required travel