On September 12, in Seattle, Washington, the Coast Guard Foundation honored two flight crews for their heroic efforts in rescuing a stranded hiker from a dire situation on Mount Rainier. The Pacific Northwest Awards dinner raised more than $400,000 that night, with $65,000 of those proceeds going to pay for Shipmate morale projects across Coast Guard units in Oregon and Washington State.
Here is a complete detail of the equipment the Coast Guard Foundation was able to provide to the hard working, brave men and women of the service thanks to the success of the Pacific Northwest Awards Dinner.
Pictured here are Coast Guard Foundation Trustees on September 13 touring Air Station Port Angeles, where the Foundation built the playground seen in the background.
Oregon Shipmate Projects
- Coast Guard Group North Bend — Upgrades to the unit's fitness room
- Coast Guard Marine Safety Unit Portland — New treadmill
- Coast Guard Station Portland — Workout gear for the station's fitness room
- Coast Guard Station Depoe — orkout DVDs
- Coast Guard Cutter FIR — BBQ grill unit for use while underway
- Coast Guard Station Umqua River — CrossFit equipment and gear
- Coast Guard Station Tillamook — TV, DVD player and P90X for station gym
- Coast Guard Station Coos Bay — Golf clubs
Washington State Shipmate Projects
- USCG Cutter SEALION — Workout equipment
- District 13 Command — Upgrades to the fitness center and workout gear
- USCG Cutter POLAR STAR — Upgrades to crew lounge
- USCG Cutter MIDGETT — Media system upgrade for the mess deck
- USCG Cutter MELLON — Workout equipment
- USCG Cutter HENRY BLAKE — Workout room upgrades: new TV, weight lifting equipment
- Coast Guard Base Seattle — CrossFit equipment and gear
- Coast Guard Air Station — Port Angeles Treadmill, weight lifting equipment
- Coast Guard Station Bellingham — New furniture for the station's crew lounge
- Coast Guard Station Seattle — Upgrades to crew lounge: new refrigerator, cooking gear
- USCG Cutter TERRAPIN — New workout gear