Coast Guard Foundation Spouse Grant Open Season is Here: April 1-June 1
Are you a Coast Guard spouse in college or other certification program? The Coast Guard Foundation has a grant program that assists spouses pursuing graduate and undergraduate degrees, professional development courses, licensing courses, certificates and certifications.
Guidelines and instructions for applying for the grants are listed below, and you can also visit the Coast Guard Institute’s webpage for complete instructions and details on submitting your application. Here’s the important information in a nutshell.
Who is eligible?
- Spouses of active duty enlisted personnel in pay grades E-3 to E-6.
- Spouses of Reservists (pay grades E-3 to E-6) on any type of active duty orders for at least one year in duration.
What will the grant cover?
- Required educational items not funded through other educational resources, like books and school fees.
How much will the grant pay?
- The maximum payable is $500 per calendar year.
What is the application process?
- Download the CG Foundation Spouse Education Grant Application (CGI-1570) and save to your computer.
- Write an essay no longer than 500 words, describing what being a Coast Guard spouse means to you and why education is important to you as a Coast Guard spouse.
- Once complete, the form must be signed by both the active duty/reservist member and the spouse.
- Completed form and proof of enrollment can be sent to the CG Institute via:
Fax: (405) 954-7245
Mail: Commanding Officer (TAG) - USCG Institute - 5900 SW 64th St., Room 233 - Oklahoma City, OK 73169-6991